WE'RE MOVING SOON. DON'T PAY US ANY ATTENTION. THIS VERSION OF DROP-BOMB is officially DEAD.

March 26, 2008

Q-Tip interview in Filter Magazine


Filter Magazine's newest issue just hit the stands. The cover man for ya'll DEDheads out there is none other than Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest. The interview wit the Abstract covers a few different bases. He talks about Tribe, and also the current state of music and Hip-Hop in particular..it's a REALLY good interview. Pick up a copy. GOOD READ. There's some commentary afterward too from some good friends of the Tribe.

Here's what Talib Kweli had to say:

"I loved hip-hop but I wasn't dressing or talking like the rest of the kids in my school. Q-Tip provided me with a template of how I could be myself. I was 14 and thought I was in Native Tongues. I had a VHS of Tribe live in Europe. It was incredible; these guys from Queens who I completely related to and were talking directly to me were touring the world.

The first time I saw them was Howard University Homecoming when I was 17......The mainstream media was dismissive of hip-hop; there was still the idea that it wasn't art. Tribe were our saviors for stopping that shit. The music was good, intelligent, clean. Tribe made it easy to defend. Someone says hip-hop is not musical, you say 'What? Listen to Low End Theory. It's got Ron Carter on in.'..."


Drop-Bomb got a Zone.
=ToP ! FLiTE=

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: