WE'RE MOVING SOON. DON'T PAY US ANY ATTENTION. THIS VERSION OF DROP-BOMB is officially DEAD.

April 17, 2008

Glow In The Dark Tour Opening Night Rundown


"Last night, I saw you in my dream. Now I can't wait to go to sleep."



A night to remember...at the least. Ok.. let's get it in

The show begins with Lupe Fiasco and the BLOOD GANG lol. They were dressed in all red. Him, Bishop G, Nikki Jean (who is beauty.), Sarah Green (who is stunning), Mathew Santos, and the background singers. Do you i guess. Anyway, no stranger to a Seattle crowd, Lupe put it down. Even though they hit him with the "yeah, we're gonna have you preform in front of the white curtain with nothing else behind you" action. He still gave a performance that left the crowd chanting his name. After the set, I talked to Bishop G, and he's gonna be working on an upcoming LP after the tour. Look out for that.


Next was N.E.R.D. They started off with a new song, which I'm sure will be on the net by the time they hit the 7th city. It was fire. They're performing in front of multiple LCD screens running graphics. Everybody in the band was hyped. They came with a couple FLY OR DIE cuts, but it was mostly that IN SEARCH OF...which was fine by me. Compton Ass Terry was on-stage. They had two drummers on opposite sides of the stage and had the ILLEST drum solo. Pharrell had issues with the smoke machine. Apparently he took some in and it effected his voice. I couldn't tell a difference. They served it! The crowd could have been a little more enthusiastic, but yeah, key performance. After the set, Pharrell came back on stage, because he was informed there were children in the audience. He apologized for using language not fit for their ears. He left with applause and awwww's. Stand up guy.

I shook Chad Hugo's Hand. You didn't

Anyway



Your girl put it down. I was skeptical. She's a pop act. Uber-Pop though. Anyway, she had a huge neon circle with an R and a star in the middle. She and her dancers had on neon and black outfits.
they're set was a black backdrop with scaffolding on both sides. Huge red blue and yellow spotlights towards the front of the stage. She set it off in there though. We were sitting down, but there were these people GIGGING! This one lady was standing on a speaker box with wheels on the bottom and just dancing her precious heart out. This other cat was dancing in the aisle like he just took 3 triple stacks. He was getting off, with no remorse. She had an amazing stage performance with good dancers, and she was actually singing. What more could you ask for?


Space. The final frontier. Seriously though I don't want to spoil anything for you. My description won't do it justice. Moving stage. GAMMA smoke lol, LIGHTS GALORE, and glow in the dark Nikes (as seen above). CRAZY. It plays like a movie. He really feels himself on this one (when doesn't he), but he gives you your money's worth by far. I honestly left like "damn I'm bout to come see that again...Oh, wait it wasn't a movie". But yeah, I love JANE

UPDATE: the homie at Electric Army got the SUPER EXCLUSIVE pics!
check em out. CLICK HERE



Worth every Penny

"I'm from a city in the Northwest, best city in the whole wide world" - LF

I just want to let everyone know that the concert WAS all that and more. If you don't get a chance to go when it comes around to your city. You're definitely missing out. I'm thinking about hitting the portland show myself. I'm really at a loss for words this time people. I don't really know what to say other than Kanye is a GENIUS. or he surrounds himself around them. Chase Chad in the buidling..He shows love. EVEN if we have to TURN THAT ASS AROUND! =P Nikki Jean. She shows love. Sarah Green. She Shows love. Rihanna was on point from beginning to end. She has a voice..I doubted it..but now I see why everyone says shes better than Beyonce..she has A VOICE..man. N.E.R.D.........most energy of the night next to Ye..
Pharrell Was doin the SKANK!!! I think I got a video of it. Anyway....the band..oh man. but chyea. I'll add more to my summary of the concert later tonite. PEACE!

Whatup Good Music.
Whatup FNF.
Whatup Rihanna(Ma you're amazing. WORD IS BOND.)
Whatup N.E.R.D.!
Whatup Seattle.

Drop-Bomb was in there! You heard it first!
=ToP ! FLiTE=

"I'm from a city in the Northwest best city in the whole wide wide world!
I got my 253-Tacoma, 206-Seattle flow.."
-M!ke Check. I SAID THIS SHIT MONTHS AGO. Props to Lupe for being on the same page as me creatively!!


---Edit:
Nikki Jean's Blog Featuring - The Man, The Legend. Kanye West

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

h.e.r.fection said...

niiiiice write up, thanks alot for that! hit me back if you catch this.. i'm going to use some of your info for my post. i cannot WAIT to see the photos