WE'RE MOVING SOON. DON'T PAY US ANY ATTENTION. THIS VERSION OF DROP-BOMB is officially DEAD.

April 29, 2008

Morning Breath: TQ's "Tales of F*CKERY!"




OMG....TQ has a column over at ALL HIP-HOP. It's an L.A. "Laugh" RIOT(..okay that was a bad joke. SORRY!)!! He's telling the story of his music careeer. Now let me be the first to say that his song "Westside" is one of THE BEST songs period of all time. It dropped right after the slaying of the two most important figures thus far in this thing we call Hip-Hop, so he gets due props. And I'm a Fresh Coaster myself, so I love TQ. Anyway, this is an excerpt from part 1:

"......After “Westside” came and went, the Black Suits didn’t drop another single until six months later. “Bye Bye Baby” bricked in the U.S. cuz I wouldn’t come back to promote it. Before it came out, I remember I was at a convention buying drinks for and smoking out one of the most powerful radio consultants in the business. He told me how much he loved my sh*t but would NEVER play it because the head of radio at my company was banging his wife! He told me this to my face on the balcony! While he was smoking my weed! I wanted to throw his ass over! This is some bullshit!!

In Europe and Asia I was on my third single and second concert tour. F**k it! No need to come home, right?

Wrong. I had something to take care of. Sony Music Publishing was still sticking it to me. “We gotta renegotiate.” We did. “Gimmie my check, I got a long flight to catch.” Until Dr. Dre called up saying that he needed an opening act for a little tour that he was putting together called “Up In Smoke”… NI**A WHAT? Pencil me in big homie!

The rest of the world would have to wait! No airplay in the U.S., janky sales in the US, and my favorite producer of all time, a member my favorite group of all time, wants to put me on stage in front of 20,000 fans for 47 nights? The Black Suits are gonna love this!

They didn’t. They told me not to go on tour. Go back in the studio and record a new album. Take dance lessons and we’re gonna buy you some black suits lol! What? Yall ni**as still on this sh*t? That was the end. I told them to eat a d*ck and bounced up outta 550 Madison Ave like a Mannie Fresh beat.

We had some bread so I did it myself. I went on tour with Dre, Snoop, Cube, Ren, Mack 10, Dub C, Warren G, Eminem, Xzibit, and the Eastsidaz. It was the most memorable time in my career. I’ll never forget that sh*t. It was the greatest concert tour Black music has ever seen, but I no longer had a record deal…Now what?

Well a couple months before the tour, I had befriended two hustlers from way down in the jungle deep. Ronald and Brian a.k.a. the Williams brothaz… Maybe I should join the Army…Better yet the Navy.

But that’s another story…Tune in next time for the story of CMR…This should be interesting…"


I can't wait til the next DROP.

GO HERE for his entire first entry.

GOOD MORNIN!
=ToP ! FLiTE=

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: