WE'RE MOVING SOON. DON'T PAY US ANY ATTENTION. THIS VERSION OF DROP-BOMB is officially DEAD.

June 25, 2008

Grandmaster Flash Interview in Newsweek



An excellent interview with Joseph Saddler in Newsweek.


NEWSWEEK: Describe your childhood obsession with records. How far did it go?
Grandmaster Flash: Whenever dad would go off to work, I'd wait for the door to slam and I'd grab a record and turn on the stereo. Eventually, my dad would scratch his head and be like, "Have any of you been going through my records?" He'd ask everyone, and by the time he got to me, I was so terrified you'd think the word "yes" was written on my forehead. I'd get my brains beat out of me, sometimes until I was unconscious. Then he'd put my hands on the radiator and burn them, in hopes that it would keep me out of the closet. But it only peaked my interest more.


They go on to ask him about how modern technology has changed hip-hop and what he thinks about digital turntables. Read the rest at NEWSWEEK: Don't stop the beat.

DREW
DOWN

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: