WE'RE MOVING SOON. DON'T PAY US ANY ATTENTION. THIS VERSION OF DROP-BOMB is officially DEAD.

April 14, 2009

Review: Asher Roth -Asleep in the Bread Aisle


I’m not going to front; I was shocked!!!! This shit sounds nothing like Marshall Mathers or anything in hip hop at the moment. After I heard “Lark on my Go-kart”, I was sure that the whole CD was going to sound like a not so “American Psycho” version of “The Slim Shady LP”, but this shit has soul. Not the soul that I’m into, but dude has soul none the less.

A.I.T.B.A sounds like it was made to be played with a live band and skittles bag mix of folks in the crowd, jumping up and down and spilling mixed drinks and Bud lights on each other. When I first heard the CD, I thought “Damn this is wack sounds nothing like Slim”. However after driving up and down I-5 all weekend, I finally put the pre-Eminem-sound that I was looking for out of my head. I was able to fully understand where this Kid was going with this effort… This SHIT IS CRACK… production sounds like shit I could smoke to, but even more like shit I could see killing a set a live. His rhyme game is wicked but that wasn’t the focus on this effort… this was to created music to kick it to… Asher E. Roth did a damn good job… please spend your bucks on this one… it’s a keeper…

Wes Says…
BUY IT!!!!!!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: